Total Pageviews

Feb 10, 2010

♡ Amazingly Twisted ♡



I found this on one of my favorite blogs:



An interesting backstory - it’s from a Maria Abramovic

performance piece, first performed in 1975 and reperformedhere in 2005 at the Guggenheim (I think). This is what occurred

in the original 1975 performance:



LIPS OF THOMAS

Performance

I slowly eat 1 kilo of honey with a silver spoon.

I slowly drink 1 liter of red wine out of a crystal glass.

I break the glass with my right hand.

I cut a five pointed star on my stomach with a razor blade.

I violently whip myself until I no longer feel any pain.

I lay down on a cross made of ice blocks.

The heat of a suspended space heater pointed at my stomach
Causes the cut star to bleed.

The rest of my body begins to freeze

I remain on the ice cross for 30

minutes until the audience

interrupts the piece by

removing the ice blocks from

underneath.


Duration: 2 hours 1975


1 comment:

  1. i am probably not really getting the gist of the idea but from what im reading above seems a bit painful.. yikes!

    ReplyDelete